Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mid-Project Reflection


            Somewhat ironically, as I complete this project I find myself having more anxiety than ever in my day to day life. I made the unfortunate decision to take 20 units this semester, plus continue working and volunteering with various organizations on campus. When I found the workload to be too much, it was already too late. I’ve found myself experiencing new forms of stress and worry that I hadn’t before. While it is about things “worth” stressing about, such as papers and finding housing, it is much more intense and draining than any kind of worry I have experienced before. I find myself too overwhelmed to complete some of the most basic tasks. Luckily, I snap out of it within a few hours but end up “wasting” those hours in the meantime. It got bad enough to a point that I did call the Tang Center to schedule a free counseling appointment. I called and they scheduled me for my phone consultation, which was already difficult to squeeze into my busy schedule. When it came time for my phone consultation there was no one available and I had to leave a message. By the time they got back to me, my schedule was far too booked to continue with a phone call plus appointment. While these experiences have certainly not helped this semester, I am learning to cope and question why I feel the way I do. I plan on going in for counseling once finals are over to work on getting things sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment